Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Quest Log # 1


Date:
December 16, 2006
Time:
6:50pm-8:23pm CST
Degrees Earned:
0
Table: Yang of the Sky
Quest: 8. Beautify
Mutations: -
Deviations: 15. Loophole
Tablemaster: Robert Bub
Inner Circle Members: Robert Bub

Quest Summary: After learning about what went down at the Octoberlist Karmic Gathering I decided that I would get back into the List after over a year in hiatus. I polished off an idea for a Mystery Quest that I had been sitting on for almost two years. I finished that off the very night the December issue of Radius was released, Dec 12, 2006. I guess it was released early to make sure the global Inner Circle saw it the next day on December 13th. Anyway, the Radius and the Mystery Quest I wrote and submitted to Radius is another story entirely. I decided that night to go ahead with starting this new blog and quest journal. I waited until Saturday December 16th because I wanted time to prepare and I needed my paycheck on Friday.

Another Saturday night and I was wholly and truly Buh-or-red with a capital Buh! I had spent all day cleaning my room. It was time for a break. Not being socially inclined that night, and unbeknownst to me the Questing Across America event, hosted by Mutant XIII AKA Brad Luttrell, already was taking place, I decided to pull out my well used copy of Morton's List and my video camera to record my solo quest.

After setting up my camera to record the Boulder rolls I gave my Oath, "I, Robert Bub, submit to that which cannot be controlled." Starting at the standard Morton's List I rolled a 26 to give me a Deviation. On Deviations I rolled 15. Loophole which sent me to the Shadow List. From Shadow List I rolled 3, Yang of the Sky and subsequently an 8 was rolled to give me 8. Beautify.

During the Winds of Change I decided to make my bed, the one thing I hadn't done while cleaning my room, and to straighten out my parents attic. I recorded the bed making on video and got some before, during, and after footage of the attic cleaning. Due to the majority of the items cluttering the attic not belonging to me I could only organize chaos as it were. The attic was in quite a disarray. It was nearly impossible to walk around in the two room attic. Fortunately I had gotten a head start on it the week before. I had already organized items I was storing up there into one half of one room. The rest of the attic was occupied by things my Mom was saving. I rearranged some furniture and many boxes of memories. Old photos of my childhood and my parents old eight-track and vinyl record console stereo system were highlights of this excursion. Although nothing injury inducing had to be moved I did get quite a workout and spent more than an hour-and-a-half on this quest.

No comments: