Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Quest Log # 2

Date:
December 16, 2006
Time:
8:59pm-10:07pm CST
Degrees Earned:
0
Table: "I'm Neutral"
Quest: 9. Dead Acres
Mutations: 12. The Silent Ones
Deviations: 23. Madcap Mutations
Tablemaster: Robert Bub
Inner Circle Members: Robert Bub

Quest Summary: Once again that night after taking the Oath I began rolling on standard Morton's List. 1. Gateway was rolled! Unfortunately the subsequent quest options (Nightscape 14. Dancing Lights, Mountain 8. Sink or Swim, and Chaos 20. Anarchy On Wheels) had to be deemed impractical. I chose to start over from Morton's List. 27. Deviations and a 30. The Window gave me the following Deviation options after rolling a 24. 23. Madcap Mutations, 24. Endangered Species, and 25. Midnight Sun. I chose 23. Madcap Mutations in order to gain a Mutation. Rolling on Mutations netted 12. The Silent Ones a mutation that could have been a problem if a socially oriented quest was rolled. Fortunately after going to Echo's List I rolled a 14 to land on "I'm Neutral" and a 9. Dead Acres.

During the Winds of Change I decided to visit the Union Cemetery. However upon reaching the cemetery I soon learned how difficult it is to visit one at night. No undead accosted me but the lack of lights made walking around just as dangerous. Tripping over a gravestone was something I wanted to avoid. Lacking a flashlight I felt a change in plans was necessary. Due to the lateness of the hour and the restrictions of the silence imposed by the mutation I decided to walk the streets of my hometown, Plymouth, contemplating the death of all kinds that had occurred there over the years. It was certainly a frightening prospect. The hospital, nursing homes, private homes, businesses (including the local McDonalds) had all seen it's share of death. How many have died on the streets, and what about the non-humans? Birth, death and rebirth surround us everywhere we go.

No comments: