Sunday, January 21, 2007

Quest Log # 7

Date:
January 21, 2007
Time:
6:50pm-7:50pm CST
Degrees Earned:
TBD *

Table: Solar Rise
Quest: 17. Botanical Benifits
Mutations: Mutations Mate: 20. Pirates of Plunder
Deviations: -
Tablemaster: Rahsa
Inner Circle Members: Bubz (Plymouth, WI), Julie, Monica, and Ouija (Aurora, IL), Rahsa and Big Cheddar (Wasilla, AK)

Quest Summary: Batz and Mutant 13 had left for the night and the rest of us decided to try another HOQ. For the first time ever Rahsa was Table Master. Since we were doing this quest together on-line we decided that we would each pick a plant to research and write a short report about. We posted these reports at the Morton's List: Global Inner Circle website, http://icp.meetup.com/753/

I went to the grocery store to purchase and research Star Fruit. Very, very tasty! The other Inner Circle members researched the following plants: Big Cheddar, Sage; Rahsa, Salvia; Ouija, Saguaro Cactus; Monica, Algae; and Julie, Marijuana. We each learned quite a lot about these plants during the quest. A copy of my report is below. Due to the fact that we didn't have to leave our homes during this quest we were not able to actually plunder anything. When I went out to buy the star fruit I forgot about the Mutation. I did, however, end up with plastic bags that I didn't really need.

The Carambola, commonly known as Star Fruit, is distinguished by it's waxy yellow color and five pointed star shaped cross section. It is originally from Sri Lanka and has gained popularity in the Americas. It has a taste that is a combination of pineapple, plum, and lemon. It doesn't contain any large seeds so it can be eaten as is after washing. I think it is a very tasty fruit. It is also low on calories, only 40 per 125 grams.

* Note that I will not be accepting degrees for this quest until I have gotten the required signatures that I need.

No comments: